Wednesday 3 February 2010

Makes me feel better - End of week 5 - Day 35


Anyone who is overweight living in London will recognise this - that cringey moment on the tube when someone offers you their seat because they think you're pregnant. This has happened a few times to me, and usually I can't decide whether to be mortally embarrassed and meekly decline, or simply accept the kind offer for the sake of the peace. I've done both in the past, depending on my mood. In fact, the last time this happened towards the end of last year I simply said "No thanks, I'm not pregnant, just fat" - which certainly made the poor lady look embarrassed!

Anyway, I digress. With the weight loss my clothes are getting big for me, especially my coats - but it simply isn't worth replacing them yet. So, I jump on the tube and sitting in front of where I was standing were a man and woman having a chat. He noticed me and thought I might be pregnant, so quietly mumbled to his friend whether she thought I was too so he could offer me his seat. Here's the best bit, she looked at me and said no - hooray! I can't decide whether to be over the moon to not have been mistaken for a pregnant woman, or sad not to have got a seat....but deep down I think it's the former to be honest

No comments: