Monday 17 May 2010

Shopping trip - Day 138


It was my birthday today. I took the day off work and decided over the weekend that today would be the day I would go shopping for some new clothes. My only criteria was that the clothes had to just fit me, so once I've lost the last few remaining kg's they fit perfectly, but it also means I can wear them in the meantime.

Before getting onto the clothes bit I have to mention the best present I could possibly ever hope for, which wasn't the clothes, but the fact that the doctors removed the tracheotomy from my dad's throat today - which has been the first bit of good news about his condition in weeks - BEST PRESENT EVER!

My wonderful husband took the day off too, so off we went to Westfield for the day. What can I say - everthing bar one pair of jeans I've bought in a Size 12 - and they fit me!!! The jeans I had to buy in a Size 14 as they are hipsters and I do have wide hips - but they look so amazing that I made an exception on the size to buy them

I'm still trying to make the mental link between the size of clothes on the hanger, which when I look at them I don't think will fit me, and the fact that when I put them on they do. I think it's just going to take a while for me to get my head around it all

This coming weekend we're off to an outlet centre for me to get some underwear, as my bras are too big for me as well. Oh the joy ......

No comments: