Thursday 31 December 2009

I'm on my way

I will post on food intake for day 1 later, but just wanted to post quickly about my experience yesterday at Alizonne.

I arrived for my appointment and had a few spare minutes to book in my next few weeks of treatments. Unfortunately I forgot my work diary at home so only managed to get 2 of the 4 weeks booked - leaving the rest to book the next day by phone.

I then got taken by a lovely therapist called Gloria to a treatment room, where I was told to strip down to my underwear. After weighing me (somehow I'm 1.5kg lighter than the first time I went!), I lay on my back on a bed so she could slather gel on and then strap a silicone belt over my stomach. Into this she slipped in plastic rods and then attached electric currents to the rods for the Ultrasound machine. Once she turned them on I was told I could feel itchy, but I didn't - this could be down to the stimulation I already get from the powerplate sessions at Movers & Shapers. What I did feel was small pin prick sensations - not painful just strange.

After around 20-25 minutes of this Gloria left the room and I had to take off my underwear and put on a full body stocking - not attractive I can tell you! I then lay on the bed while she used the Endermologie machine on me - basically a hoover type machine. The areas where I have the most cellulite were the most painful and she had to turn the pressure down, but the rest were ok.

All in all both treatments took an hour and 15 minutes, but we chatted throughout so it really flew by. Unfortunately I can't substitute skimmed yoghurt with soya yoghurt so will either need to find an alternative or live without.

Afterwards I picked up my pack of starter vitamins and food for the week (each box has 7 packs in):

  • 1 pack assorted savouries
  • 1 pack assorted soups
  • 1 pack assorted desserts
  • 1 pack cappuccino
  • 1 pack hot choc
  • 1 pack potato pie with herbs
I followed their advice of buying an extra pack as some I won't like as much as others.

Once we left we decided to have my "last meal" at Wagamama where I totally filled up.

Bring it on!

No comments: